I guess I qualify to be a Lushie now …? Hahaha.
This was today’s haul
So I thought I’ll do a quick summary of all the LUSH products I bought so far:
- H’suan wen hua: my favourite for hair hands down. My hair is long, and had been permed, dyed… so this is a saviour. Even my mum likes it now.
- Mask of magnaminty: my favourite for my combo skin hands down. Gives me a good scrubbing, controls my oil levels, and makes me feel so fresh. Plus factor is the smell. Nothing more refreshing than a fresh tub of this. I love sniffing it hahaha!
- Tangled: this thing is freaking magical. It being on a stick is like it’s a magic wand itself. I used it just the night before I flew to Indonesia last week for my bro’s wedding. At this point in time, my hair was very difficult to deal with because it was very long (til it touched my lower back), and super dry, frizzy, knotted up. I used about 70% of the treatment, and it really freed my hair.
- Cup o coffee: the coffee smell wakes me up always. I can’t drink coffee because of gastric/acid reflux problems but this is as good as waking me up if I were able to drink coffee. The exfoliation is a bit stronger, so gotta be gentler when scrubbing and washing it off 🙂 but it does leave my skin smooth, whereas mask of magnaminty may leave my skin a bit drier (especially if I left it on longer).
- Grease lightning: this works better than Body Shop’s tea tree oil honestly. I’ve been a fan of Body Shop for many years, but this works better for me. Probably because I work out in the gym twice a week, thus exposing myself to more germs and bacteria (you know, all the sweat from everyone ..), I seem to get a mysterious pimple on random parts of my body. Tea tree oil didnt get rid of them quickly, but this grease lightning did.
- Catastrophe Cosmetic: calmed my face drastically. I shd have taken a before and after pic because the redness was gone. Also left my face smooth, and moisturised 🙂
- Charity Pot: this is my favourite for hand creams hands down. It beats so many hand creams I tried from Body Shop to Crabtree and Evelyn. It doesn’t leave my skin greasy and sticky. And it healed my broken skin pretty quickly (abrasions from doing planks on rough gym floor)
- Ambrosia: I love how this doesnt make my skin feel dry after shaving. I used to use Veet but it’s troublesome to wait for 5mins or whatever before I can shave it off with their … spatula or scoop thing idk. Ambrosia smells good too, and my skin doesn’t feel as irritated afterwards.
- Daddy-O: I only used this a couple of times after I dyed my hair. The lemony smell makes you feel like a little kid again, you know where many kiddy products have nice fruity scents. Plus purple shampoo is awesome to look at. My only problem at the time was that my hair felt a bit dry or still tangled up after washing off, but this could be because my hair was already so bad in the first place. I’ll have to give another review sometime soon after I dye my hair (probably soon)
- Purmice stone: I love it because I guess I’m like a touch sensory kinda person? Feels like this sand scrubbing my feet but not as painful as sandpaper. My feet feels cleaner. However it breaks up pretty easily when it becomes smaller, like most soaps.
- Pink Peppermint: unlike Mask of Magnaminty where the smell of pepperment is much stronger, this one is less intense. However it is pretty cooling to tired feet 🙂 only thing to note is the pink colour probably can stain? So I have special socks I bought from Body Shop years ago, that are meant to keep you from slipping and prevent foot lotions from being all over the floor
- Outback Mate Soap: my go-to soap when I need a pick me up after gym, or just a tiring long day.
- Sunrise: makes me feel happy cause I love orange and yellow so that’s a win for me. Also that orange fruity scent is uplifting especially on tiring days.
- Sunny Day: saviour of frizzy hair and knotted locks. Took me a while to get used to the idea of spraying and taking the time to comb through my locks but it is worth it!!! I was amazed at how long my hair stayed knot-free.
- Honey Lip Scrub: oooo this is a fun one that I need to stop licking off my lips literally. But I have dry lips, so this feels good to scrub off those dead peeling skin 🙊
- Honey I Washed The Kids: this one is like endorphins making me so happy. Or maybe the name is funny. But the honey smell is sooooooo soothing. Like I could really use a bit more sweetness in my life. My only pet peeve is the top honey comb part, which feels a bit too hard to use at times. Oops. But I love to look at the honey comb structure. It is pretty cool to really look at, and I think it reminds me how beautiful the natural world is.
- Coalface: if my face was really oily at that moment, I would use this immediately. The charcoal smell took me a while to get used to, I wasn’t a fan of it instantly tbh. But this does the job damn well, and it leaves me face so so clean. ( O_O)
- Movis: I received a small piece as a sample on the very first time I walked into LUSH because I was very self conscious about my acne scars, and I remember asking the salesgirl if LUSH had any chemical peels to remove scars. So she gave me this to try, after explaining LUSH is about being natural. I don’t use it quite often because my face becomes oily quickly, and I end up using Coalface instead. For the times I do use Movis, I would use it straight onto my face for that gentle exfoliation. And after a while I started feeling good because my face felt cleaner and the scars weren’t as bad. My only problem is when I use it often, it can melt pretty quickly. But when I don’t use it that often, it becomes hard and takes a bit longer to lather up again.
What made me continue using LUSH:
Movis + Mask of Magnaminty became the foundation for my face to improve and thrive on. I’ve received a lot of compliments from my mum, my relatives, my friends about how my face isn’t that bad anymore. It looks darn good on its own without make up.
My self esteem grew thanks to these 2 products. Honestly I went into LUSH despite initially disliking the strong scents from the shop (I have a really sensitive nose which is why I don’t use many perfumes either), because I was fed up with the amount of criticism my brother’s mum in law was giving me. (Okay she’s a toxic lady, but that’s another matter.) I just wanted her to stfu honestly, and I really wished my face would be better.
Thanks to Liana (I got her name wrong in my first post on LUSH in January) for her recommendations, that my face improved. Then my hair felt healthier and was glowing. My friends said my curls were beautiful, and looked soft. Also probably why my perm lasted longer tbh. Then I went into more and more products, my skin started to feel less dry. As I worked out more in the gym, I toned up, lost weight, and LUSH helped to get my skin to a good healthy level. For people who lost weight, they would know how bad stretch marks can get, and so I think LUSH taking care of my skin contributed to my stretch marks being less visible now.
So I have a number of products I have not used:
- Love Lettuce
- Hands of Friendship
- Tender is the night
I’ll update in future 🙂